The fictional planet on which all InfiniQuests game play takes place is referred to as “Sisalus” in honor of the goddess who once walked among mortals and saved the world from the monsters of the Age of Damnation. The world is a big place of course, and is broken down into smaller and smaller units:
- Continents - Major landmasses (the world of Sisalus consists of six large continents separated by vast oceans)
- Countries - Each continent consists of dozens of individual countries, ruled by a dominant creature type and government
- Locations - Countries consist of many locations, features such as cities, dungeons or ruins where adventurers quest
- Areas - Locations consist of specific areas where individual encounters occur (and where game play actually takes place)
- Encounters - Areas consist of one or more specific encounters where the player and adventuring party are challenged in some way
Continents, countries and locations are also displayed via a generic mapping system within the RPG. These maps are grids measuring ten units across by ten units down (so a continent can contain up to 100 countries, a country can contain up to 100 locations and a location can contain up to 100 areas). A separate accordion panel displays these maps and allows the player to view them at any time. Note that while city locations will automatically have their various areas mapped, unknown locations such as dungeons only reveal areas on the map as they are encountered.